Whereas a conventional employer - employee
relationship is great for many situations, assigning tasks across the internet
is growing beyond all projections. The occasional telecommute has grown into
the virtual workplace not just to save money, but to do work better. As
workers get further from managers used to looking over their shoulders,
managers are learning to assign tasks and discovering a more effective
Below are a few specific reasons to prefer tasks
if you are a:
- First thing to remember is that you are probably no
longer an employer if you issue tasks. You are probably a contractor*. You
stop paying for effort and pay for results.
- If you are a contractor, you no longer have to
collect or pay state or federal payroll withholding taxes or to pay the
costs or fines related to them.
- Instead of a lengthy interview process, you assign
a task and immediately see if the worker can deliver.
- No need to relocate a worker. They can get to
work where they are.
- You've heard of how cost-effective outsourcing
can be. This is how you get started
- If you have some temporary or seasonal work
to do, and don't need the headaches of hiring or firing, eTaskBoard gets
the job done.
- We've all made mistakes hiring. Would you
like to fix such a mistake by simply not assigning any more tasks?
- Have you come across an outstanding job candidate?
While your competitors are still scheduling interviews with them, immediately
offer some starter tasks. That gets them on your team right now. You get
to check out their work product, and gain the time to transition them to a
- Had your fill of employee lawsuits from unlawful
termination, sexual harassment, imaginary workplace injuries, emotional
cruelty, etc? It's hard to get sued by a contractor on the other end of
- Do you need a collection of specialists to task
for those surprise projects? Collect a tested bunch on eTaskBoard
ready to jump on your project.
- Add up the cost of employee infrastructure, from
office space, lunch rooms, to HR departments, and calculate the savings of
telecommuting workers to your operating expenses.
- If you need on-site work done specific to a
location, you may not need to send someone. Task locals instead. If you
need English translated to French, task a Frenchman who knows English. If you
need internet research on Alaskan fish canneries, task an Alaskan working at a
- If you are a manager seeing the shortcomings of
"management by walking around", especially when you wish to instill a
take-charge attitude, consider how tasking may make you a better
manager. It will force you to write clear instructions, or to rewrite them
once you read that you are asking for the illogical or the ineffective. It will
force you to think in terms of objectives, and not micromanage your workers on
how to achieve them.
- Dead end job? We have a cure that is better than
quitting. Start doing tasks in the area you want to grow into. Then transition
when you see the income stream replace the dead end job.
- Do you have an underutilized skillset or
interest? A new direction you'd like to explore? Try a few tasks and see
how it feels before making a commitment.
- Are you disabled and can't easily do the 9-to-5?
No one can see your disability across eTaskBoard, nor can they
hold you back because of it.
- Are you retired with years of experience? Would you
like to keep your edge without a full-time job?
- Are you a housewife with kids or other
commitments that keep you at home? eTaskBoard lets you stay in the game
without sacrificing the family.
- Are you a student learning something new and
exciting, chomping at the bit to apply what you're learning? Stay in school
and let eTaskBoard give you a taste of what's ahead.
- Are you in an economically disadvantages section of
the country, but don't want to move to the big city where the jobs are?
Start earning a living where you want to live.
- Want a 3-month vacation when you want it?
Work tasks 9 months out of the year.
- Want to work from Maui or the Matterhorn?
Most tasks are assigned without regard to your location. All it takes is a
laptop with a wireless connection.
- Are you pitching a new project to your boss
but can't get a green light? Package your idea into a collection of tasks with
clear deliverables and not-to-exceed hours of your after-work time. Your boss
will see a clear boundary to his exposure, and no disruption to ongoing
business. And you may see a few extra dollars and the green light.